DYNT has a new website!

Please note, DYNT has a new website. This site is no longer "active". To stay up to date, please check:
www.darnyarnneedlesandthread.us

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Expansion = classes

It's true, Darn Yarn Needles and Thread is expanding. This will allow for classes. As most of you know my current physical space is pretty small. By expanding into the adjoining rooms, I'll have space for classes.

Now, please understand, I'm not a great teacher. (Some may argue this point, but the truth is, I'm not good at explaining how I make something. As someone who comes from an artistic and crafty family, we just do, don't ask us to explain how or why we do it.) I'm only offering the space. If you have a knack for teaching your craft, please let me know. I'm especially looking for teachers of all fiber arts crafts, tatting, felting, macrame, weaving, rug hooking...

That being said, please excuse the mess as DYNT is "remodeling". The empty rooms need alot of work.

I'm hoping to have classes and group meetings scheduled by August.

Yes, I'd like to have group meetings too. Left Handed Knitters & Crocheters, Men's Night, things like that. Let me know what you think about that too... Wednesday nights good for everyone? Saturday Mornings? What special group would you like to start?

3 comments:

  1. This is very exciting. I would love to teach a crocheting class...I've taught a few people the basics and how to follow patterns.

    It's mainly a scheduling thing for me, considering I have a billion children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin - I'd love to have you teach a basics class! Let me know what would be a good time for you. I can extend hours or open earlier if need be. Stop in some day or e-mail me at dynt10@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking a left handed men's felting night sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete